Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Halfway Point

Now I'm in Malaysia waiting to get on my plane to Siem Reap. This airport is nice and has decent wifi (way better than Haneda.) I exchanged $10 into Ringgits (Malaysian money) which ended up being a little bit too much. My breakfast cost 26.40 ringgits out of the 36 I got, so now I have 9 left. What to do with them? Save them til I go back to Malaysia again someday? Haha.

I started feeling nostalgic and sad to be leaving Japan as I was leaving for the airport yesterday, but now I'm too exhausted to really feel or process anything. I'm anxious to get to Siem Reap, anxious about everything, just want to fall into a bed. Hope everything goes well. 

This trip felt weird because I had never taken a "trip" to Japan before--I'd only ever lived there. So being back, there was nothing I could do to convince my body that I wasn't staying there for an extended time, that this was, in fact, temporary. And temporary it was. It felt suuuper short. But it was fun. :) I reunited with some great friends and got to see my students, which is all I could've asked for. 

Now onto SEA. 




No comments:

Post a Comment