Saturday, July 11, 2015

Kansai

I'm finally in Kyoto for the final leg of my Japan trip. Only two more full days! ;_; I'm staying with a Couchsurfer, Shuji, in Kyoto which is really nice. He's really nice but also really awkward in a Japanese man kind of way. I sort of feel like I am abusing Couchsurfing because I am already so familiar with Japan and know so many people here, but oh well. It has its ups and downs compared to a hotel. I'm staying in a real Japanese old house which is exciting and reminds me of the little inn my mom and I stayed at in Tokyo. Sliding doors, stairs that are wooden and steep as f*ck, a teenytiny bath room, etc. and of course tatami woven floors. I actually really love tatami and futon. Comfortable bedding on a tatami floor is so nice and tatami rooms smell great. :) 
Tomorrow I'm going to Nara with Yuka and on Monday I'm going to Arashiyama and Fushimi Inari in Tokyo. This trip is kinda messed up because I could be going to places I've never been like Himeji castle, Koyasan in Wakayama prefecture, or Tottori sand dunes, but I'm not. I'll have to save them for next time. 

I'm exhausted now so bedtime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment